“The face you have at age 25 is the face God gave you, but the face you have after 50 is the face you earned.” ~ Cindy Crawford
Sometimes even I have to convince myself that I’m 40, mostly because I don’t feel it. It’s crazy how many people still genuinely believe me to be in my mid-twenties or better still, my childrens older sister! My daughter and I love going on shopping outings together. But the beautiful thing she is, she’s always so gracious to me as her mother when attendants ask ‘how are you today girls?’
I suppose I’m making the most of it, enjoying a bit of flattery while it lasts. Can’t hurt can it? My own lovely mother received similar compliments, must be something in that blessed Portuguese complexion we inherited…way back! But I’m definitely old enough to know that nothing lasts forever, less so dewy, wrinkle free skin!
Anyway, I know you’ve really clicked on this post to get the GOSS. The skin #know! The how to keep that face of yours supergorgeous! So here’s my top 10 secrets for owning a sneaky ‘25 y/o skin‘! Below you’ll see a dot-point list of tips I’ve loved, over the last 20+ years. I’m not telling you what you should or shouldn’t do, just what I’ve incorporated into my own lifestyle! For me, it’s working, so I’d say I’ll be sticking with them for the next 25!
ABI’S TOP TEN BEAUTY SECRETS FOR YOUNGER LOOKING SKIN
- Lemon water in the morning + more to make up 2 litres a day
- NO alcohol, heavily caffeinated drinks, refined foods such as white sugar, white bread. ZILCH
- Consume an abundance of plant based produce, such as seasonal organic fruits and vegetables
- Eat quality proteins such as spirulina, nori, legumes, whole grains (sometimes sprouted/raw), occasional softly poached eggs (I enjoy these as a supplement to my mostly raw diet)
- GREENS. GREENS. GREENS.
- Rest, 8 hours sleep is good to me
- Don’t leave out the GOOD FATS as found in raw chocolate (see my book, recipes I use daily, full of super fats, minerals, vitamins for your skin), raw cacao really is the ultimate SKIN FOOD. I also enjoy raw high fat foods such as raw nuts, avocados, sesame seeds, and coconuts daily.
- Use only 100% natural, organic beauty products, or freshly picked organic skin food such as aloes from the garden, raw honey, essential oils, clay, avocado/bananas, superfoods, cold pressed organic olive oil, etc, for cleansing and nourishing the skin externally.
- Detox your body. Keep the bowels working well minimum of once daily, enjoy a juice fast at least once per year, and make the most of hydrotherapy as often as possible.
- Exercise, even just walking will do to get the circulation going and contribute to that healthy GLOW.
Oh did I say 10?…
Well let’s make it 11. Don’t stress!!! Smile instead! Love the skin you’re in, fall in love your life. Love the people in it too. Find ways to give, and in creating a positive mindset you’ll look instantly younger and more beautiful. ❤ ❥❤ ❥❤ ❥❤ ❥❤ ❥❤
Pics, Mel Carrero, no photoshop.