Actually I’d dare myself. You may have noticed that I’m not shy. Come to think of it, here’s a few of my reasons why I’d love to take on my self over the next two months and brave the Faces Of Seafolly search.
Quoting straight from the Seafolly website: “SEAFOLLY is desirable to women of all ages (yes!!!) and sizes (double yes!!!), which makes it well known and frequently stocked around the world. The brand’s seasonal marketing campaigns are infamous, featuring world recognisable talent such as Gigi Hadid, Miranda Kerr, Jessica Hart and Shanina Shaik.”
Nevertheless at 43, it seem all but madness to try. Seafolly (as most swimwear labels) choose ultra-toned gorgeous young girls, to represent their stunning pieces most beautifully. Their up and coming stars are mostly between 17 and 21 in age.
So why be so bold? Here’s a few reasons why I’m feeling so rebellious and embarking on the biggest and (probably, considering my age) craziest, ‘castings’ of my modelling career… ♡
Abi’s Crazy Reasons for Entering:
- Win or lose! Just like all of you supergorgeous girls entering, I’d absolutely love to be selected as winner for Seafolly, and create magic with their amazingly talented team! Dreams run wild imagining how even browner I’d be get shooting at some stunning exotic location for their next Seasons Campaign…although truly for me this next 8 weeks will be about the journey, not the destination. It would be out of character for the brand for someone of my age to win, so I’m not actually expecting it! It’s just another way of pushing boundaries, having fun, and also hopefully inspiring many of you to get out of your comfort zone, and chase a dream if you dare! ♡
- I’ll probably use this time as an extra rev-up for myself to share more posts re: my body toning, skin beautifying tips along the way. I know my readers always enjoy these, and I’ll certainly need to amp up my fitness/beauty regimes to the max if I’m to have even the remotest chance on Earth of winning this thing!!! Gah! Remember, my competitors will be in their teens and early 20s!
- Age positivity. Need I say more? Women of all ages love Seafolly, so I’d be most honoured to represent them! Is that you!? Leave a comment and share this post if you’d like to it happen.
- Distraction. Being artistically minded, I love to create! I also love a good (read almost impossible) challenge! I’ll have to put my thinking cap on to nut out some Seafolly inspiring images (aka in their cute swimmers) that will tease the judges eye! What do you reckon my odds are? Realistically? 100 – 00000.1?
- Role modelling. Inspiration – be true to yourself and don’t deny or suppress others. Love your body, and wear your swimwear this Summer with confidence! Compliment others in their uniqueness. Speaking as a mother of 3, something I think many mum’s would like about the brand, is that the Seafolly styles are tastefully designed for every day wear, and suit just about any body, any age, and can be worn anywhere and in front of anyone!
- I adore the sea. Surf, jump off high waterfalls, wherever there’s water I’m there, playing like a dolphin. ♡
- You’re never too old to dream!
“Sea FOLLY”!? Oh darhling it’s all in the name. 😉
ˈfɒli/ noun 1.
Lack of good sense; foolishness.“an act of sheer folly”
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Well there you have it… Sea folly seems basically like me in a nut shell. Embarking on this adventure I’m going to seem pretty ridiculous to a lot of people! They’ll probably even laugh out loud…
That’s ok. I’ve never been one to do things only because it’s trending or popular. Looks like I’m off shopping to find some swimwear by S E A F O L L Y today!!!! Wish me well! You can FOLLOW any of my rad updates and #facesofseafolly posts/stories soon via my Instagram – Abigail O’Neill!